We are a Christian church that proclaims the forgiveness of sins that Jesus Christ won for us by his death on the cross. Ascension of Christ is a member congregation of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). WELS is a group of more than 340,000 members in nearly 1,300 congregations across the United States and Canada. We are committed to a common calling—encouraging each other in our faith and sharing God’s gift of a Savior with the rest of the world.
About the Role
The Administrative & Technology Assistant will serve primarily as an administrative assistant to the pastor but will serve the entire congregation. This position will be helping all of us share the life-saving Word of God by assisting the church office with various tasks and administrative duties. Some of the essential responsibilities include but are not limited too:
• Complete weekly office tasks: record attendance, weekly mailings, email(s), etc.
•. Assist with website and social media content updates as well as receive/process website inquires.
• Assist with periodic reports and research as needed.
• Assist with the creation of materials for Bible studies, outreach events, and worship series'.
• Update and maintain church records and electronic files.
• Assist with creating and sending out electronically agendas, meeting minutes, and reports for all Leadership Team meetings.
• Order office supplies and assist with purchases of Ascension promotional materials.
• Assist the pastor with preparation of presentation visuals, handouts, etc.
• Possibly Monday and Thursday approximately 3-5 hours each day.
• Additional days and hours as needed.
Be a commited Christian; demonstrating a love for Jesus Christ and his church. Higher consideration for candidates active in a local church, relocating and looking for a church, or interested in becoming a member of our congregation at Ascension of Christ.
Have a positive and helpful attitude.
Have exceptional organizational skills. Previous church office or administrative experience a plus.
Practice good time management. Must have and show initiative as well as be able to efficiently prioritize.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Be able to work with various other church volunteers and staff as needed. Have strong interpersonal skills.
Must be able to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion.
Be proficient and comfortable using various forms of technolgy. This includes basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and preferably Apple MAC OS.
Higher Consideration for candidates that have experience with the following:
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Google Business Suite and Tools
Social Media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter
Bookeeping or Record keeping software. (e.g: Quickbooks, ORACLE, Quicken, etc.)